Read up on our latest news around Social Responsibility and how you can Make a Difference.
- Report and supportWed 22 Feb 2017, 16:12
On the 20 February the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team at the University launched a new web-based platform called Report and Support.
- Green Impact registrationWed 22 Feb 2017, 16:08
Registration for staff to join the national Green Impact scheme is still open and colleagues will have until the beginning of September to submit your online workbook.
- 50% off bus tickets for car commutersWed 22 Feb 2017, 16:03
Transport for Greater Manchester are offering all University of Manchester staff who usually commute to work by car, 50% off bus travel.
- 10,000 ActionsWed 22 Feb 2017, 15:56
In November 2016 the University's environmental sustainability engagement programme for staff - 10,000 Actions - was launched.
- 10,000 Actions funding callWed 22 Feb 2017, 15:31
In November 2016 the University launched the biggest environmental sustainability initiative in the higher education sector – 10,000 Actions.
- Polish ambassador helps to launch new Multilingual Manchester projectWed 22 Feb 2017, 15:07
His Excellency, Arkady Rzegocki, the Ambassador of the Republic of Poland, visited the University to help launch a new project that will work closely with Polish schools in the city.
- Student volunteering weekWed 22 Feb 2017, 14:56
Last week, 20–26 February, was Student Volunteering Week – a week-long celebration of all things volunteering.
- Greater Manchester Ageing ConferenceWed 22 Feb 2017, 14:22
The Greater Manchester Ageing Hub recently held the Greater Manchester Ageing Conference 2017.
- Take action on International Women's Day with the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and HealthWed 22 Feb 2017, 14:06
International Women's Day on 8 March is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
- Talking about cancerWed 22 Feb 2017, 13:51
More than 40,000 people helped the University mark World Cancer Day.
- Access All AreasWed 22 Feb 2017, 11:57
The University of Manchester and the Students' Union champion student leadership in access and widening participation through Access All Areas.
- Faculty of Science and Engineering Better World showcaseWed 22 Feb 2017, 11:26
To highlight and share some of great work that goes on the Faculty of Science and Engineering a 'Better World Showcase' was held in January.
- Developing a smart village for ZambiaWed 22 Feb 2017, 11:15
Dr Joseph Mutale and Dr Vidyadhar Peesapati, Director and Deputy Director for Social Responsibility in the University's School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, made a week-long trip to Lusaka in Zambia at the end of November.
- Coming in From the Cold projectWed 22 Feb 2017, 11:11
Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Education Trust has recently received initial support from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) for the 'Coming in From the Cold' project.
- Politicians urged to take action on workplace racismWed 22 Feb 2017, 11:05
Researchers from The University of Manchester have met leading politicians to urge them to take action on racism in the workplace, after their research found that the issue is still commonplace in the UK.
- Manchester charity UK-Med is partner in team verified by the World Health OrganizationWed 22 Feb 2017, 10:58
UK-Med, a disaster response charity based at The University of Manchester's Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute (HCRI), is a partner in the UK's International Emergency Medical Team which has been verified by the World Health Organization as part of their emergency medical team initiative.