Call for submissions: Public Engagement and Performance Conference – 17 – 18 March 2017, The Conference Centre, YHA York
About: This year our aim is to once again bring together researchers from across the arts, humanities and social sciences to support, develop and to foster greater awareness, expertise, and understanding about engaging the public through research [re]presentations that are ethically sensitive, socially relevant, creative, artistic and imaginative. Alongside considering the theoretical, methodological and ethical reasons to engage the public the workshops and presentations at this interdisciplinary conference provide a supportive forum to share, discuss and learn about different approaches to performing, presenting and evaluating research along with the practical and technical issues that underpin such approaches.
- Key Note Workshops http://engageyork2015.org.uk/speakers/
- Wellcome Trust Fellow, Delia Muir, Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Leeds. Title ‘Lost in Memories’ research in dementia and caring. Workshop: participants will work with data from the project and consider how to turn carer testimonies into a live performance.
- Emeritus Professor Kim Etherington, University of Bristol, ‘Creativity and Research: how do they go together?’ This presentation explores: what we mean by creativity; the conditions that support and work against it; how we achieve these conditions; what research has said about the characteristics of creative people and how all of that might inform research training.
- Dedicated “short film/doc” stream http://engageyork2015.org.uk/info/ – Submit a documentary of film up to 30 minutes in length
Who attends: Last year’s conference drew delegates from Anthropology, Sociology, Sport & Exercise Science, Clinical Trials Research, Counselling & Psychotherapy, Dance, Drama, Education, Health & Social Change, Nursing, Medicine, Business Management and Marketing, and from the USA, Canada, South America, Australia, UK & Europe.
How to join in:
- Share a paper or conference presentation
- Deliver or take part in a workshop
- Present your film/installation/performance at the evening event
- Watch, listen, engage; there is no requirement to present/perform
Registration: Go to http://engageyork2015.org.uk/registration/
Additional information: For questions or queries please contact the administration team at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://engageyork2015.org.uk/about/