Who can enter?
All staff and students who are currently working or studying at The University of Manchester are eligible to enter or nominate in all categories. You can apply yourself, or nominate someone else.
Recent alumni can enter in the following categories:
- Outstanding contribution to social innovation and environmental impact through enterprise
- Outstanding contribution to widening participation
- Outstanding contribution to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Volunteer of the Year.
Further details for alumni entries can be found under each specific award category.
External partner entries
External partners can enter the public and community engagement category.
Staff and students can nominate external partners in the outstanding public engagement category (outstanding public contribution).
The deadline for entries was midnight on 16 January 2023.
How to enter
Simply complete and submit the online entry form by 16 January 2023.
- Entrants are asked to submit only one entry for a specific project or initiative per category. Submitting multiple entries into one category will not provide any advantage. Entrants are still able to submit entries for different projects or different initiatives in different categories.
- If numerous entries for the same project or initiative are entered only one entry per category/per initiative will be assessed.
- By submitting an entry form, you are agreeing for any information about your initiative to be used by the University in publicity materials.
- The Volunteer of the Year Awards are open to students, staff and alumni. Entries are submitted through a separate entry process.
For more information, visit the full guidelines page.
What happens next?
All entries are assessed by a judging panel in February 2023. Winning and shortlisted entries are profiled on the University website, and will be invited to a special awards ceremony.
The awards ceremony will take place in May 2023 in the University’s Whitworth Hall and will be hosted by the President and Vice-Chancellor.