The Second Festival of Public Health UK will take place at the University of Manchester on 4 July 2013.
Following the resounding success of the first Festival last year, the Manchester Urban Collaboration on Health has announced a second Festival in 2013 and they have taken into account all the feedback received to make improvements to this year’s event.
Plenary lectures and workshops from:
- Professor Sir Liam Donaldson, Chief Medical Officer for England 1998 – 2010
- Professor David Colquhoun, Creator, DC’s Improbable Science, University College London
- Professor Ian Jacobs, Dean of Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester
- Professor Tony Redmond, Chair, Foreign Medical Teams Working Group, World Health Organisation
- Professor Darren Shickle, Head of Academic Unit of Public Health, University of Leeds
- Dr Michael Donmall, Director, National Drugs Evidence Centre
- Dr Arpana Verma, Director, Manchester Urban Collaboration on Health
This year, the Festival will start earlier and finish earlier (10am – 5pm), have improved delegate materials, and we will provide lunch and tea/coffee.
There will be a small charge for the Festival to take these changes into account but we have kept these low to keep the festival accessible to as many people as possible, with prices starting at £20 for concessions. The rates will be staggered over time so we advise booking early to make the most of the cheapest rates. Please see the website for more information.
The abstract submission process is now open until 31 May. You can find full details of the event, register and submit abstracts online at: Festival of Public Health.
If you have any further queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org