The National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE) are pleased to be one of the partners of Universities Week 2014.
Universities Week 2014 is inviting universities across the UK to engage with the public. Ideas for Life, will encourage people to find out about the research happening across the UK, and we are keen to support you getting involved.
Running from the 9 – 13 June 2014, the campaign has three main features:
- regional and local events hosted and run by universities across the UK, working in partnership with university museums and others;
- a week long event at the Natural History Museum in London;
- a media campaign to support this activity.
UUK are inviting people to get involved by running activities locally, and have developed a toolkit to support this.
The toolkit is a one-stop-shop to help support your participation in the campaign. The toolkit includes:
- a suite of branding materials, logos and icons, including templates for:
- posters and postcards
- web and Facebook displays
- key messages
- a guide to public engagement
- suggested activities you might want to run
Further details on how you can get involved with the social media strategy, and general overall media campaign will be available from February 2014.
Additionally NCCPE will be hosting training days for people wanting to know more about how to engage the public with their research on the 18 February, 4 March and 11 March 2014. These days will include a beginners’ guide to public engagement; an opportunity to find out about Universities Weeks and a range of master classes on topics like evaluation, engaging with the public at a live event, marketing your event etc. Bookings will open in the New Year.