Closing date (expressions of interest) 16th December 2016
In 2017 – we will once again be running a programme of events for British Science Week; which will include the Science Fair in the Great Hall, Sackville Street. We already have 400 pupils booked onto this event, and the capacity to welcome 1000 pupils onto campus over the four event days – but rely on your support to make this event happen.
We are looking for academics and/or research groups to coordinate a stand to showcase your research area and communicate it to young people. The main aim of this programme of activities is to enthuse and inspire young people about science, technology, engineering and maths and increase their desire to study it to A-level and beyond.
We ask where possible you have the stand on all four days – but staffing can change – with input from UG and PG students encouraged. The science fair dates for 2017 are:
- Monday 13th March – Set Up Afternoon
- Tuesday 14th March, PM – Science Fair for pupils in Y7 – Y9 10am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday 15th March – Science Fair for pupils in Y7 – Y9 10am – 12:30pm AND Science Fair for local primary schools 1pm – 2:30pm
- Science Fair for pupils in Y7 – Y9 10am – 12:30pm
- Science Fair for pupils in Y7 – Y9 10am – 12:30pm AND Set down of stands from 12:30 onwards.
For more information, please read the EOI_BSW_2017 form and return if you’d like to take part.