- 100 Days of Trump: American Studies PerspectivesToday, 15:30 - 17:00
A roundtable and discussion about the first 100 days of Donald Trump's presidency.
- Family Ties – The Adamah Papers exhibitionFri 7 Apr 2017 - Thu 25 May 2017
A new exhibition from the Black Cultural Archives exploring a collection of papers belonging to the Adamah Family - a Ghanaian family of Kings - which reflect on the family's daily life and their migratory history.
- 'Unlocking the Archive of Anvil Press'Tue 2 May 2017, 12:00 - 13:00
Anvil Press was founded in 1968 by Peter Jay, who remained its director until his retirement from publishing in 2015.
- Brexit: Politics and British Constitutional Law - The JMCE Annual Lecture 2017Tue 9 May 2017, 15:00 - 16:30
- Objects of Healing: nursing technologies of the First World WarThu 18 May 2017, 17:30 - 19:00
Christine Hallett, Professor of Nursing History at the University of Manchester and President of the European Association for the History of Nursing will use objects from the Museum of Medicine and Health to examine and highlight some of the most important tools and technologies used by nurses to heal the wounds sustained by combatants on the battlefields of the First World War.
- Just An Ordinary LawyerTue 30 May 2017, 06:00 - Wed 31 May 2017, 12:00
We’re delighted to bring you the new one-man musical stage show from Tayo Aluko (writer and performer of the multi-award-winning Call Mr.
- THE MAKE DO AND MEND EXPOThu 8 Jun 2017, 09:00 - 16:30
The Make Do and Mend Expo This one day event, including interactive workshops, presentations and discussions, is the culmination of two years research by Dr Helen Holmes, University of Manchester, exploring ‘being thrifty’.
- The role of community assets in improving health + well-being In later lifeFri 9 Jun 2017, 14:00 - 16:00
Policymakers across the world are becoming increasingly interested in improving health and well-being by creating a more inclusive community-based society.
- The University of Manchester Community Festival: Explore your local UniversitySat 17 Jun 2017, 11:00 - 15:00
University of Manchester Community Festival: Explore your local University Join us for a fun-filled day of hands-on activities, including: live experiments, interactive demonstrations, musical and dramatic performances, the chance to meet our staff and scientists, behind the scenes tours, workshops and much, much more! Interactive activities for all ages! Saturday 17 June 2017, 11am-3pm (Drop in anytime) University of Manchester, Oxford Road Free entry Programme available at www.
- Bluedot FestivalFri 7 Jul 2017 - Sun 9 Jul 2017
Discover our award-winning annual festival of music, science, arts, culture and the exploration of space.