Making a Difference Awards, deadline approaching
Make 2016 the year that you receive recognition for the difference you are making
With a closing date of 1 February 2016 there are less than two weeks to go before the deadline for the Making a Difference Awards.
In additional to original 9 categories listed below, the Volunteer of the Year category is now open for entries. The Volunteer of the Year Award aims to recognize our many students, alumni and staff who give their personal time and energy helping to undertake volunteering and community work, especially with disadvantaged groups, locally, nationally and overseas.
All of the Awards are open to all staff and students at the University and individuals or teams can submit an entry for themselves, or be nominated by a third party.
The Awards recognise and celebrate the many different types of social responsibility achievements of the University’s academic and professional support staff, students and alumni.
Culminating in a major awards ceremony hosted by the President and Vice-Chancellor in May 2016, the awards will celebrate and raise awareness of how individuals and teams at the University are making a difference to the social and environmental wellbeing of our communities and wider society.
You can enter on in one or more of the following categories:
- Outstanding benefit to society through research
- Outstanding teaching innovation in social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to social enterprise
- Inspiring communities
- Outstanding public engagement initiative
- Outstanding contribution to equality and diversity
- Outstanding professional support services, library and cultural institution’s support for social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability
- Outstanding contribution to widening participation
- Volunteer of the Year Award