Being Human Cafés call – Being Human festival 2021
Being Human Cafés are based on the idea that you can engage with some fascinating new ideas and research in the humanities in the time that it takes to have a cup of tea. Find out more here: https://beinghumanfestival.org/get-involved/. If you’re stuck for an idea but would like to take part, we encourage you to use this year’s festival theme of ‘Renewal’ as a starting point!
We would particularly love to hear from people in the East of England, Northern Ireland, Wales, the North East and Yorkshire and the Humber.
Here are just a few reasons to get involved with the festival and hold a café:
- Participate in a national campaign to champion and celebrate research and the humanities
- Try out public engagement if you haven’t before
- Develop skills in event planning
- Use it as a catalyst to get a project up and running which might not happen otherwise
- Engage with a new audience and get refreshing new perspectives on research
- Get public engagement advice and support
- Work with new cultural partners or develop an existing relationship
- Make contacts and start collaborations with other researchers nationally
- Raise visibility of your research nationally and within your own institution
We’ll be reviewing Being Human Café applications on a rolling basis right up to the deadline of Friday 27 August, so there is plenty of time left to apply.
Posted on behalf of Rose de Lara, Public Engagement Officer: Projects and Communications, University of London