Funding available for capacity building in public engagement
Are you or your department looking to develop your public engagement skill? Then Apply to the ISSF Professional Development Fund.
To support the University’s strategic goal for Social Responsibility, which includes objectives for Public Engagement (PE) and Civic Engagement, the University has set up a fund for capacity building in PE – the ISSF PE Professional Development Fund. The Fund is open to University Staff, Post-Docs and Postgraduate Students (PhD and PGT) from every faculty:
- If you’re applying for yourself, you can apply for up to £2000 to cover all expenses related to taking part in your professional development.
- If you’re applying on behalf of a department/team, you can apply for up to £3000 to cover all expenses related to the development opportunity.
What ISSF can fund:
- Public engagement practice and skills (e.g Engage Academy, Little Event, evaluation courses etc)
- Skills development on delivering Equality Diversity and Inclusion relevant to public engagement (e.g. accessibility, working with diverse audiences)
- Creative practice relevant for public engagement (e.g. production courses, theatre making, design thinking etc)
- Practice-focused conferences (e.g. BIG STEM communicators network, Talking Maths in Public, The Presenter Network Conference etc)
- Ad-hoc opportunities (e.g. mentoring with community groups, creatives etc) on a case-by-case basis
- Team development opportunities (e.g. facilitator led bespoke team training).
R2 – 09:00 am 18/04/2022
R3 – 09:00 am 16/05/2022
R4- 09:00 am 13/06/2022
R5 – 09:00 am 12/09/2022
R6 – 09:00 am 03/10/2022
R7 – 09:00 am 31/10/2022
R8 – 09:00 am 21/11/2022
R9 – 09:00 am 09/01/2023
R10 – 09:00 am 30/01/2023
Find more and how to apply here.
If you have any questions or want to know more, please contact ISSF PE Project Manager Paolo Arru on email@example.com