Policy, health and culture
Colin is a Research Fellow in AMBS working on the Health Foundation-funded project Devolving Health and Social Care: Learning from Greater Manchester.
He will give a whistle-stop tour of Greater Manchester Health Devolution.
Mary is a Reader in Pharmacy Practice in the Division of Pharmacy and Optometry who works in the Division of Informatics, Imaging and Data Sciences as Director of Public Engagement for Connected Health Cities and is co-lead for Public Engagement for Health e-Research Centre (HeRC).
Mary will share her experiences of using citizens’ juries to influence policy on health data.
Wendy is Arts and Health Partnership Manager at Manchester Museum and The Whitworth.
She will discuss the importance of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Arts, Health and Wellbeing and the report Creative Health: The Arts for Health and Wellbeing. The report contains strong evidence that creative and cultural activities can have a positive impact on health and wellbeing.
Wendy will also highlight some of the strategic developments across the health and culture sector.
- Presentation: Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership – Colin Lorne (PDF) [Link to come]
- Presentation: Citizens’ Juries on the reuse of health data – Mary Tully (PDF) [Link to come]
- Film: Citizen Juries Health Data on Trial (Connected Health Cities)
- Paper: Investigating the Extent to Which Patients Should Control Access to Patient Records for Research: A Deliberative Process Using Citizens’ Juries (Journal of Medical Internet Research)
- Presentation: Connecting Health and Culture – Wendy Gallagher (PDF) [Link to come]